Retail locations are closing what can you do when your delivery arrives?
With recent studies suggesting that COVID-19 can remain viable on cardboard for up to 16 hours, what precautions should you be taking to keep you and your family safe?
At netParcel we help facilitate thousands of deliveries a day and here is what we have learned.
- If you can receive the parcel and leave it for 24 hours. We suggest if possible to have the delivery placed inside your garage and not to touch it until the following day, this will allow the virus to expire on it’s own and eliminate the risk.
- Allow the parcel to sit for at least three hours to prevent any risk of contracting the virus through airborne particles.
- Wash and sanitize any tools such as knives or scissors used to open the packages. Soap and Water or a sanitizing setting in the dishwasher.
- Dispose of the box and packaging as quickly as possible. Place inside the recycle bin or garbage bag and don’t touch again until garbage day.
- Use disposable gloves when handling the package and ensure they are removed inside out and disposed of immediately following usage.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. Wash all your hands, wrists, and forearms.
If you have any questions on how best to handle your deliveries please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Thanks and stay safe! netParcel